Kaikoura Wedding & Event Hire
Hire Terms & Conditions
1. A 20% deposit is required when ordering. Total balance owing is to be paid 14 days prior to hire date.
2. Prices are for a general four day hire. This can be amended by prior agreement.
3. Items booked and then cancelled within 2 weeks of the hire date will still be charged for. Small variables eg: Chair cover, sash numbers, can be adjusted (with discussion) at no charge.
4. A bond will be held for up to 10 days for any goods returned in a damaged condition, or are not returned at all. If goods are not returned on the agreed day, and no prior arrangement has been made, a daily late fee of $10 will occur. Any goods not returned; replacement of the hired goods at full retail price will be deducted from the bond. The bond is to be paid on collection of hire items and will be 15% of the total hire.
5. No allowance will be made for goods hired and not used, eg taken on Friday and returned Monday unused.
6. The hirer shall pick up and drop off goods at the times stipulated below. Failure to do so may be considered as theft.
7. Insurance on the goods is the hirer’s responsibility, eg fire, theft, earthquakes etc.
8. The owner undertakes no liabilities what so ever in respect of third party and similar risks for personal injury, or for consequential damage of any kind.
9. The Hirer Shall:
9.1. Take proper care of the equipment and return it in an undamaged and clean condition in the packaging supplied. In the case of fabric hire, eg chair cover, table runners, table cloths etc, the hirer may return these in a non washed state, but any staining shall be at the hirers cost for stain removal, or they may have these dry cleaned themselves. The owner will notify the hirer of any stains within 72 hours of return and re contacted if staining is not removable.
9.2. Ensure linen is returned folded and all embellishments removed or a $20 handling fee will apply.
9.3. Be responsible to ensure the goods are fit for purpose with no damage and total amount is correct before leaving the hire premises.
9.4. Not have any claim against the owner for loss or damage arising from the hirer’s use of the equipment.
9.5 Pay full retail costs for any hire goods, containers and wrapping, not returned through theft, fire, earthquake, and damage in transit, negligence or misuse. Pay full retail costs for any chipped, cracked, broken or un-returned glasses and crockery.
9.6. Indemnify the owner against any claim made by any person against the owner for damage or loss arising out of the hirer’s use of the equipment.
9.7. Indemnify the owner against any damage to or loss of the equipment.
10. If the hirer is not an individual, the person who signs this document on behalf of the hirer warrants that he or she has the authority to bind the hirer and will in any event be personally liable for all the hirer’s obligations.
11. Any changes must be agreed to in writing and attached to these Terms and Conditions,
By signing this agreement at the time of hire, the hirer agrees to all Terms & Conditions listed above.